The LIJSL Select Developmental Program is aimed at developing skills and game fundamentals for our young top level players.
The goal of our Program is to give each player the opportunity to develop to the best of his/her ability. At the Developmental level, the sole focus of the program is the development of techniques. This is done through weekly training sessions driven by the latest in coaching methodology for young players. Coaches will teach specific technical and tactical goals set by our curriculum based on the guidance of our National Team Program. This training experience is augmented by participation in various playing opportunities in tournaments or other travel/training experiences. We believe that this approach will give each player the greatest likelihood for a successful, rewarding and enjoyable experience.
Below is some pertinent information regarding the DEVELOPMENTAL PROGRAM (Born 2002):
* Full Uniform (jersey, shorts, socks)
* 8 Fall Training Sessions (September-November), plus a final session under the lights at Hofstra Soccer Stadium
* 8 Winter Indoor Training Sessions (December-March)
* 10 Spring Training Sessions (April-June)
* 2 Tournaments
* Four Day Long Island Select Camp that includes 20 total hours of training with top coaches and trainers
* Top fully licensed and certified coaching staff * PICK YOUR TRAINING LOCATION: Developmental players can choose between our Plainview and Sachem training facilities
COMMITMENT: We must stress that as an elite level program, we expect a high level of commitment from all players. Any player who accepts a spot on the LIJSL Select Developmental Team will be expected to attend ALL team training sessions, tournaments, and camps as listed above.