One of the most important moments in soccer is the transition from defense to attack. Teams can exploit over-extended defenses and score goals quickly. This series of exercises will help you condition your players to look immediately for the counter-attacking option.
* Two 4 v. 4 games being played side by side.
* The fields run across a full field, 54 x 30 yds, with neutral spaces on either side of each field.
* Four suppliers (two per touchline) surround each field, with an additional supplier on the goal line between the fields.
Description of Exercise
* Two 4 v. 4 games being played simultaneously. When the ball goes over the touchline
* #5 (circle) puts ball immediately into play. When a goal is scored or the ball crosses over the endline, #1 (circle) or #1 (triangle) puts the ball back into play immediately.
Purpose of Exercise
To have players constantly in a transition mentality, by having balls served in immediately
whenever the ball goes out of play